News & Events
The New Zoning Ordinance, Planning & Design Ordinance and Zoning map approved on October 16, 2019 and first amendments approved on December 16, 2019 are now effective.
Short-Term Rental Amendments
Amendments to the short-term rental regulations are currently being proposed. Please see the following schedule for continued opportunities to learn about the content of amendments to the approved ordinance:
- January 6, 2020 - Public Information Meeting @ 5:30pm-7pm at MSC Board Room
- January 16, 2020* – Plan and Zoning Commission Public Hearing and Recommendation @ 6:00 PM at MSC Board Room
- January 27, 2020* – City Council @ 4:30 PM at City Council Chambers
- February 5, 2020* – City Council Quarterly Worksession at City Council Chambers @ 8am. Short-term rentals are currently the second item to be discussed.
- February 10, 2020* – City Council Hearing (Set Date of Hearing) @ 4:30 PM in City Council Chambers
- February 24, 2020* – City Council Meeting (Public Hearing and 1st Reading) @ 4:30 PM in City Council Chambers
- March 9, 2020* – City Council Meeting (2nd Reading unless waived) @ 4:30 PM in City Council Chambers
- March 23, 2020* – City Council Meeting (3rd Reading unless waived) @ 4:30 PM in City Council Chambers
*Please check this schedule frequently for updates.
- The MSC Board Room: 2nd floor of the Richard A. Clark Municipal Service Center (1551 East Martin Luther King, Jr. Parkway).
- The City Council Chambers: 2nd floor of the City Hall Building (400 Robert D. Ray Drive).
Stay up-to-date by liking us on
and following us on Twitter
If you have questions, please contact Michael Ludwig at 515-283-4182 or firstname.lastname@example.org